More resources to practice the present and past of the verb "to be"
Verb to be (Present or Past)
1. He at home today.
2. I a student now.
3. My mother in the kitchen two hours ago.
4. Sarah tired now.
5. We in New York last year.
6. You a football player in 2004.
7. Mr. Jones at the market today.
8. Anna and I busy today.
9. The boxes behind the cupboard now.
10. Ron thirsty last night.
Exercise 2: Choose the best answer.
1. You ____________at class yesterday.
2. Tina_____________seven years old now.
3. That car__________mine now.
4. Billy Jones__________a famous singer now.
5. Many people_________in my shop this morning.
6. I_______________a teacher in Spain in 2007.
7._____________your son fine today?
8. The fishermen__________on the ship last night.